At your first consultation, the podiatrist may take a full medical history and do basic tests such as checking the blood circulation and feeling in your feet. They may also check the way you walk and move your lower leg joints.
They will discuss your concerns with you and then make a diagnosis and treatment plan.
Your first visit to Soles and Toes Foot Clinic will establish the vital foundation for our relationship with you. During the first visit, we take a full medical history and do basic tests such as checking the blood circulation and feeling in your feet. The way you walk and move your lower leg joints may be checked. Any minor problems that may be picked up during the consultation will be treated on the spot including the removal of hard skin, corns and calluses.
Your first visit also give you time to get to know your podiatrist. The session is usually completely painless (even pleasant) and takes 30 to 40 minutes.
Practice Accreditation Scheme
What does it mean?
For our practice to have been accredited by The College of Podiatry, we have had to review our practice standards to ensure that they complied with national standards and best practices within the profession.
In achieving accredited status, we not only undertook a careful review of the practice, and asked other podiatrists to check our findings, but we also agreed to the practice being inspected by independent assessors appointed by The College of Podiatry.
We applied for practice accreditation because we feel that our patients have the right to be confident that their care is being provided within a safe environment. Not that the scheme is only concerned with clinical environment, it also amongst other things, ensures that;
- Reusable instruments are properly cleaned and sterilised between parties;
- Staff engagement in continuing professional development so as to keep their knowledge and skills up to date;
- Patient confidentiality is respected and proper care is taken with patient information;
- We explain treatment options, where appropriate, and costs so that you can make an informed choice;
- Appropriate referral pathways exist for patients, who need specialist care; and
- Practice working methods are constantly reviewed.
We therefore feel that you can be confident in the care that you receive within this practice.
For further details and appointments, call us today on 02380682010 email firstname.lastname@example.org or book online now.